The recorder and the corona virus
Update July 1, 2021
Feel welcome in my workshop!
As usual: tested, vaccinated or recovered
Yes - and with a face mask - thank you!
DHL seems to have found back to a kind of "regular mode".
So it is possible again to send instruments by standard post/DHL.
Please note - as usual:
- Please send instruments ONLY as a registered parcel!
- Please apply a brief description of your requests and your complete return address INTO the parcel!
Also we recorder players can't get around the topic "corona virus".
When instruments get into other hands (and other lips) they can become a source of infection. And with everything we know about this virus, it's clear that even people without symptoms of illness can be contagious for a certain time.
For me as a recorder maker, this is of course an almost everyday topic I have to deal with.
How to avoid infection risks:
- Every instrument that comes into my workshop is thoroughly disinfected before I take it to my lips.
- The same I do with every instrument before shipping.
- For disinfection I use an alcohol-based agent. When used properly, this works sufficiently well against corona and some related virus types (for example influenza). This is the state of information that I have come across from medical experts.
Also important: alcohol does neither harm the material nor you as a player - at least when it has evaporated. When the wood surface is lightly oiled afterwards, no instrument will suffer any damage.
This is how I do my best to avoid unnecessary risks.
If you do your part we will continue to enjoy our wonderful instruments.