The recorder and the corona virus
Update July 1, 2020
My shop is open for you regularly!
However some restrictions will have to be mentioned:
- Due to the small size of my shop the number of visitors is limitid - up to two persons at once are allowed to be invited.
- Same as in all shops you are obliged to wear a mask covering mouth and nose.
Of course: If you want to test an instrument you may remove the mas.
- For testing you will get only instruments which have been disinfected before.
- The same way I will disinfect each instrument you will give to me.
DHL seems to have found back to a kind of "regular mode".
So it is possible again to send instruments by standard post/DHL.
Please note - as usual:
- Please send instruments ONLY as a registered parcel!
- Please apply a brief description of your requests and your complete return address INTO the parcel!
Also we recorder players can't get around the topic "corona virus".
When instruments get into other hands (and other lips) they can become a source of infection. And with everything we know about this virus, it's clear that even people without symptoms of illness can be contagious for a certain time.
For me as a recorder maker, this is of course an almost everyday topic I have to deal with.
How to avoid infection risks:
- Every instrument that comes into my workshop is thoroughly disinfected before I take it to my lips.
- The same I do with every instrument before shipping.
- For disinfection I use an alcohol-based agent. When used properly, this works sufficiently well against corona and some related virus types (for example influenza). This is the state of information that I have come across from medical experts.
Also important: alcohol does neither harm the material nor you as a player - at least when it has evaporated. When the wood surface is lightly oiled afterwards, no instrument will suffer any damage.
This is how I do my best to avoid unnecessary risks.
If you do your part we will continue to enjoy our wonderful instruments.