The recorder and the corona virus
Update April 28, 2020
My ship is open for you again!
However some restrictions will have to be mentioned:
- DUe to the small size of my shop only one person at once is allowed to be invited.
- Same as in all shops you are obliged to wear a mask covering mouth and nose.
Of course: If you want to test an instrument you may remove the mas.
- For testing you will get only instruments which have been disinfected before.
- The same way I will disinfect each instrument you will give to me.
Foru the case you want to send an instrument to me - my request:
- In these times I ask you urgently not under any circumstances to sebd me anytrhing by standard parcel post/DHL!
- Please contact me in advance either by mal or by phone - thank you!
Also we recorder players can't get around the topic "corona virus".
When instruments get into other hands (and other lips) they can become a source of infection. And with everything we know about this virus, it's clear that even people without symptoms of illness can be contagious for a certain time.
For me as a recorder maker, this is of course an almost everyday topic I have to deal with.
How to avoid infection risks:
- Every instrument that comes into my workshop is thoroughly disinfected before I take it to my lips.
- The same I do with every instrument before shipping.
- For disinfection I use an alcohol-based agent. When used properly, this works sufficiently well against corona and some related virus types (for example influenza). This is the state of information that I have come across from medical experts.
Also important: alcohol does neither harm the material nor you as a player - at least when it has evaporated. When the wood surface is lightly oiled afterwards, no instrument will suffer any damage.
This is how I do my best to avoid unnecessary risks.
If you do your part we will continue to enjoy our wonderful instruments.